2012 Re Manfredi, Basilicata

Press and Tasting Notes

This is a delicious Italian white made from uniquely German varietals: Muller-Thurgau and Traminer (Gerwurztraminer). The vines are planted at 1,000 feet above sea level on volcanic slopes producing ripe yet fresh, mouthwatering melon, spicy pear, pine and citrus notes. The creamy finish remains bright, with a slight finish of salted butter. Yum ... Read More »

A Merchant's Pick


Featured May 07, 2012

THE REVIEW

She will love this. We've given this one a lot of thought from more than a dozen wines considered for the Mother's Day honor.
    In the end, the Basilicata Bianco from the Re Manfredi estate, cradled in the south of Italy and indulged by the sun above the Mediterranean, won its way into our hearts for moms, friends and family everywhere. It just so happens, this wonderful white is also a great choice for Spring and Summertime cuisine.
    While hailing from Italy, the Basilicata Bianco is made from distinctively ancient German grapes (70% of the blend is made of Muller-Thurgau, a fantastic hybrid of Riesling, and the remaining 30% comes from the mysterious Traminer varietal, which some believe is related to the classic and commonly-known Gewurztraminer).
    An abundance of wet stone and flowers rise to the nose and absolutely sing. Ripe yet fresh, mouthwatering melon, spicy pear, pine and citrus notes abound. The creamy texture remains bright, with a dash of salted butter. Yum! This white has body, tropical fruit aromas and a fresh minerality. The finish is lush, graceful, and patient- reflective of the Mediterranean sun that the vines grew up with.
    We'd recommend pairing this beautiful Basilicata Bianco with Bay scallops, the hearts of artichokes, or whatever she may fancy. Read More »

More From This Producer:

The point of using Lorem Ipsum is that it has a more-or-less normal distribution of letters, as opposed to using 'Content here