When you marry one of Burgundy's best producers with one of Burgundy's finest vintages, you get a pretty unbelievable combination.
If you've seen the cover of Wine Spectator, then Leroy needs no introduction. She is one of the top three Burgundy producers. Along with her daughter, Leroy owns 50% of Domaine de la Romanée-Conti (widely known as D.R.C.).
An amazing wine... an iconic vintage. Here's a quick recap of 2015:
• "....a hedonist's vintage." Jancis Robinson
• "....indeed the greatest vintage since the legendary 2005." Allen Meadows, Burghound
• "...2015 is an extraordinary vintage." Decanter
• "...hauntingly beautiful reds." Vinous
• "Burgundy hit the jackpot in 2015." Wine Enthusiast
The last release of Leroy's Bourgogne Rouge was the extraordinary 2009. Unmatched, this is the 2015 Leroy Bourgogne Rouge and may be the best release yet!
Fresh picked cherries leap from the glass. Strawberry, cranberry, dried rose petals and raspberry. Fantastic acidity frames the plush - yet dry - fruit of this stunning vintage. A pure red Burgundy. What depth, what structure, what elegance.
Once opened this wine has the balance and structure to last for days - it will even get better without a hint of falling off!
What a vintage. What a wine. Well done!